General Manager – Hillhead Book Club
Hillhead Bookclub is a unique, quirky, and fun venue in the vibrant west end of Glasgow. A touch outside the norm, as well as awesome drinks and food you wish yer maw cooked - we like Ping Pong, Dugs, Bingo and Brunch – sometimes all at the same time!
We are looking for a new General Manager to lead a team to deliver an excellent experience every day for every customer. If you have great organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and can demonstrate serious leadership skills – we want to hear from you.
Everyday’s a school day here at the Book Club. There might be a queue to manage, a birthday party, small groups, large groups, students, locals, ping pongers, amateur dJs and dog walkers – you will ensure your team make everyone feel welcome and well looked after.
As General Manager, your role will include:
- Run the business with the passion, as though it was your own business whilst engaging with central support functions, internal & external stakeholders and local suppliers.
- Supporting sales growth
- Controlling costs & driving profit
- Ensuring consistently excellent customer service is delivered.
- Managing service standards and staff development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A strong commercial awareness
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this job of General Manager at Hillhead Book Club is the role for you then apply now and a member of the team will be in touch.